Keflavíkurflugvöllur or more commonly known as Keflavík International Airport is the largest airport in Iceland having been established as a USAF base in 1942. It later served as a NATO naval air station with the main passenger terminal being opened in 1987. The airport serves as a hub for Icelandair and the new Icelandic airline PLAY as a worldwide connection point between the American and European continents. Being served by over 20 major airlines, it had nearly 10 million passengers pass through it in 2018 at its peak of operation.
The airport has been recreated in high accuracy with much attention being put into making sure that we bring you the most up-to-date rendition of BIKF currently available for X-Plane 11/12.
- 2022, accurate airport layout
- High-resolution PBR textures on buildings
- 4K PBR ground textures ensure realistic asphalt and concrete colors across the airport
- High-resolution color corrected ortho imagery
- Custom SAM Jetways
- 3D interior in the main terminal
- Custom PBR ground clutter