Have you ever dreamed about flying like a bird, outside of a metal can with a windshield? Now you have a chance to do it in Microsoft Flight Simulator – take on your suit and prepare for a mind blowing experience!
You can hover like a helicopter, or escort an airliner like a jet fighter. Participate in competitions or fly above cities in VR mount raising hands to control the flight like in RL.
Flaps handle is flight mode switch:
• Flap #1 Cruise flight – native flight model only active
• Flap #2 Stabilization – automatics will try to hold you in vertical position, manual control effectiveness also increased; in horizontal flight – increases controls quality and stabilize the wing
• Flap #3 Hovering – automatics will try to hold you 10 meters above the surface, set throttle to 0% or 100% to avoid controls conflict
• Flap #4 Landing – when you hover above ground, enable to land smoothly
• Flap #5 Parachute – ensure you have at least 500ft altitude above ground. To toggle chute quickly, you can use Gears handle [G]
Anti Ice [H] – toggle first person view helmet visibility
Pitot Heater [Shift+H] – toggle HUD/HMD screen visibility
Spoilers handle – helmet display vertical position adjustment
Navigation lights switch [Alt+J] – aboard attachment toggle
All listed settings can be switch by clickable Control Panel.
Int – End fixed camera (A to toggle)
HOW REAL IS IT?
We are not trying to build a copy of any real aircraft. However, we are trying to make it fly at least somehow realistically for given specifications, in the existing limits of MSFS and our knowledge. Please consider JW1 as an evaluation of simulator capabilities rather than an attempt to create a flight trainer. Any experience you will get with this add-on can’t be used in real life, both for flying or aircraft building.