The RV-14/14A is the latest aircraft design from Van’s Aircraft, Inc. continuing and improving upon the legacy of the previous models. Created with the help of the manufacturer, the SWS RV-14/14A is a faithful recreation of the best kit aircraft in the market. A carefully created 3D model captures all the fine nuances of the aircraft’s construction, while detailed animations help bring it to life. Authentic sounds were recorded from the real aircraft. The flight model was created after flying in the real aircraft and put through scrutiny by RV-14 pilots, ensuring that the performance and feel is as close as Microsoft Flight Simulator allows.
• Accurate 3D model & animations
• Three generic and three custom liveries
• Taildragger and tricycle variants
• Realistic flight model tested by RV-14 pilots
• Free-castering nose wheel (RV-14A)
• Full TDS GTNXi 750 integration
• Full PMS GTN750 integration
• Flutter animations from propwash
• Weight-based visibility of copilot in the cockpit
• Weight-based visibility of baggage behind the seats
• Opening canopy
• Functional canopy ejection switch
• Animated air conditioning vents
• Realistic backlighting and floodlighting
• Realistic exterior lighting
• MSFS rain & icing effects included
– Added UI title entries to cameras to prevent crashes when saving camera views.
– Modified mechanical efficiency tables to correct performance at altitude.
– Modified thrust scalar to correct performance at altitude.
– Changed RPM increment from 1rpm to 10rpm.
– Increased rudder authority.
– Made PMAG test switch functional and added checklist item.
– Corrected flap handle initialisation when cold and dark.
– Updated embedded PMS50 version.
– Modified VR collision mesh in cockpit.