The Rotate MD-11 is an aircraft add-on for Laminar’s X-Plane that simulates the original McDonnell Douglas MD-11 Freighter version. It is a fine piece of artwork and an accurate simulation of the classic aircraft. Here is the feature list:
Realistic flight dynamics and performance
In Depth system simulation
All systems listed are simulated according to the specifications of the original model, with all redundancy relevant to the simulation and with both Automatic and Manual modes.
- Added rain and ice effects (X-Plane 12 only).
- Fixed a bug in VNAV guidance right before final approach fix.
- Fixed annunciators at night in X-Plane 12.
- Fixed a bug in transition altitude fields in FMC.
- Fixed random CTD in VR while aircraft is not activated.
- Fixed ENGINE COOL alert showing during flight.
- Tuned pitch PID at low speeds.
- Fixed a bug in AFS modes.
- Improved throttle handle controller logic.
- Fixed a bug in VOR radial drawing in ND.
- Fixed a bug in wing anti-ice logic.
- Fixed ATS over-responsiveness with gusty winds.
- Tuned airfoils to new X-Plane 12 Final flight model.
- Adapted CG calculations to new X-Plane 12 logic.
- Fixed starter timer conditions.