Scenes have a small footprint vs. complete sceneries that cover a larger area. They are also perfect places to play with //42 Campout as they were designed with plenty of plane camping space.
Expect challenging spots with immaculate vibes; whether it feels remote or cozy will depend on each spot.
42MX – Mexican Mountain
Located on BLM land in Green River, Utah, the region features brightly colored cliffs, buttes, ridges, alcoves, and pinnacles that dominate the landscape, with elevations ranging from 4,700 feet in the southeast to 6,900 feet on Mexican Mountain. In comparison to many other mountains, Mexican Mountain truly is…out there; the views are tremendous, there are plenty of places to practice STOL landings nearby, and you’re a short hop away from Moab.
• Runway: ~1800 ft long x 40 ft wide dirt runway. Slopes uphill slightly to the west
• Approach Considerations: Tall trees on both sides of the runway present a hazard when landing to the east. Typically land to the west and depart to the east. Caution RC plane in the vicinity
• Amenities: Campgrounds and fire rings. Please don’t leave food out; bears were reported in the area
• Windsock: Yes. Located east of the runway, next to the information sign
• Multiple runway objects and hazards contain collision boxes. (Careful tail spinners!)
• Challenging approach onto a narrow dirt runway
• Custom vegetation assets
• Custom terraforming in the region to match up to real-world footage
• Custom night lighting in camp areas
• Custom Soundscape includes fire pits and flying RC plane
• Fully animated RC Plane mini-scene
• Heatblur effects on fire pits
• Centrally located for bush trip adventures
• Plenty of parking for group flight staging
• Beware of bears near the camp
• Pineapple on pizza not permitted on-site