Extreme adventure capital of the world!
Queenstown Airport is one of Australasia’s fastest growing airports and is ranked as the fourth busiest of New Zealand’s airports. Located at Frankton in New Zealand’s South Island, it serves the resort town of Queenstown and handles around one million passengers a year. Situated in a valley on the shore of Lake Wakatipu and shadowed by the mighty Remarkable ranges, it is an extremely challenging and exciting airport for both commercial and general aviation operations. A unique figure eight approach and departure procedure will challenge you as your skirt the mountains surrounding the airport. Martin Herare, who who brought you YMML, YMEN and worked on YBBN, has gone to great lengths to make this an accurate representation as possible. This is a much anticipated compliment to Orbx’s New Zealand South Island and will most definitely be popular, especially for those with the NGX!
Due to unresolved issues for P3D versions 2.4 and above, we recommend NZ Regions and Airports have crash detection disabled.
- 150km2 of 50 cm per pixel imagery
- High def unique static aircraft
- Advanced rendering and lighting
- Ambient occlusion techniques
- TextureFlow optimised = great FPS
- On-site photos taken by Orbx staff
- Full suite of Flow technology used
- Custom modeled airport & houses
- Gmax poly runway, aprons & lights
- Beautiful coastal location
- Includes PeopleFlow animations
- Atmospheric night lighting
- Jardine’s Field and Frankton
- Kawerau and Shotover Rivers
- Fits seamlessly with Orbx NZSI
- Remarkable shopping center
- By Martin Henare