NZ Mesh is the first product made with our new proprietary approach for custom terrain meshes for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Created from carefully blended high-resolution DEM data, NZ Mesh is a 100% self-contained product with no changes made to the default mesh or any other files. With virtually no noticeable performance impact, each LOD is consistent without any blurring and minimal LOD morphing when flying over the diverse terrain of New Zealand.
When installed, NZ Mesh takes up only 523MB of hard drive space and comes in at a 10m resolution. We are planning future updates to this product with LIDAR data of up to 1 m resolution to further enhance terrain detail in rural and urban areas.
• High-resolution 10m DEM data
• Minimal performance impact
• Compiled to reduce LOD morphing
• Self-contained product
• Planned updates with LIDAR
– LiDAR sources used for Marlborough North, Canterbury Banks peninsula, Auckland, Westport, Wellington and Queenstown areas
– Compatibility for Sim Update 9 changes
– D’Urville Island now included
– At the time of this release, our Landmarks Auckland City product still requires some additional minor tweaks to cater for the new LiDAR sources and we will advice when that has been updated.