The Desert Oasis.
With one of the most dramatically scenic backdrops in the United States, Palm Springs is a resort city situated 100 miles east of Los Angeles in Southern California. In his most expansive scenery to date, acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshall (Monterey/Redding/Jackson Hole/Cairns Intl) brings us not only Palm Springs Intl, but 1500 square kilometres of hand-crafted scenery. Explore the resort cities of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Indian Wells, Thousand Palms, Palm Desert and Desert Hot Springs, the high-altitude alpine wonderland of San Jacinto Peak, the windswept wastelands of the San Gorgonio Pass and the harsh beauty of the Coachella Valley desert. Famous during the 50’s and 60’s as the playground of Hollywood elite, Palm Springs is home to some of finest examples of mid-century Modernist architecture in the world; many examples of which can be found in this scenery. From the vast wind turbine farms, to the impressive 6000ft Aerial Tramway, from the modern skyscrapers of the Reservation Casinos to the retro chic of City Hall, there are literally dozens of interesting landmarks and features to explore. Outside of KPSP, try your luck landing at the difficult Aerial Tramway and hospital helipads, or explore the outer regions of the scenery from Banning Municipal and Bermuda Dunes airports. As for KPSP itself; as the largest airport in the Orbx North American library, this field is genuinely suited for all types of flyers – from the heaviest jetliners, through corporate types and even low-and-slow GA flyers, Palm Springs is the perfect destination. Served by most US and Canadian mainline airlines to destinations across North America, the airport is famous for it’s unique “outdoor terminal” – use our freeware BOB to wander around the highly-detailed terminal grounds. If that is not enough, be sure to visit the Palm Springs Aviation Museum – many types operated by the US Navy are open for viewing. Optimised for performance, a huge coverage area, beautiful runway approaches for all types of aviators and extraordinary detail around the airport, Palm Springs is your perfect base of operations for Southern California. Far more than just an airport!
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
- Enormous 1500sq km coverage area at 30cm/1m resolution
- Impeccable 10m high resolution mesh and custom vegetation autogen
- Dozens of custom landmarks
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and Hospital helicopter landing areas
- Custom animated AI helicopter and train
- Extraordinarily detailed Airport Terminal
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting techniques used for maximum realism
- Highly detailed APX to allow unique parallel runway operations
- Strongly optimized for good performance with complex aircraft types
- Designed to blend seamlessly with Orbx Global and/or Orbx Southern California in FSX & P3D
- The tenth Orbx product from acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshall