Vágar Airport (Faroese: Vága Floghavn) (IATA: FAE, ICAO: EKVG) is the only airport in the Faroe Islands and is located 2km east of Sørvágur. Due to the Faroe Islands’ status as a self-governing territory, the airport is not subject to the rules of the European Union and is the primary operating base for Faroese national airline – Atlantic Airways.
The airport approach is challenging due to the hills surrounding it and regular wind gusts. It often sees a variety of A319/A320, B737, or BAe 146 aircraft with many of them flying there as charters besides the regular schedule.
- Highly detailed buildings specially designed and optimized for P3DV5
- PBR materials
- Terminal interior modeled
- Object baked shadows
- Custom vehicles and airport objects
- 3D people
- 3D snow
- Up to date ground layout
- Highly optimized dynamic lightning with different effect types adjusted for the exact type of light and direction needed
- 60cm/pixel satellite coverage of Vagar island
- Custom landclass for the whole Faroe Islands
- Custom mesh for all Faroe Islands
- Custom helipads