Average 16 days during a year with precipitation, average temperatures between 20°C and 27°C. Exposed to the northeast trade winds with very low tops 600-700m that are too low to cause a significant increase in precipitation in the slopes exposed to the wind. That’s Fuerteventura Island.
The airport itself carry near 7 millions passengers per year with 45 000 operations.
Now it’s time to experience all of this in Prepar 3D V3 and V4! With newest technology used to develop this scenery we achieved stunning level of details keeping great performance and high FPS.
Fuerteventura Airport (IATA: FUE, ICAO: GCFV), also known as El Matorral Airport, is an airport serving the Spanish island of Fuerteventura. It is situated in El Matorral site, 5 km (3.1 mi) southwest of the capital city Puerto del Rosario.
The airport was opened officially on 14 September 1969. The first plane to touch down on the new runway was an Iberia Fokker F27, which flew the route Las Palmas-Fuerteventura-Lanzarote.
In 1973, El Matorral Airport began to operate its first flights to European countries with the airline Condor, which linked the German city of Düsseldorf directly with Puerto del Rosario. In the following years, the airport experienced considerable growth in the number of operations, which resulted in a series of improvements, starting in 1978, to ensure that the working of the aerodrome continued to meet the needs of the passengers.
Development since the 1990
In 1994, construction started on a new terminal building, an aircraft apron, a taxiway parallel to the runway, a power plant and a new access road. The works were completed with the extension of the car park and a detour on the Puerto de Rosario-Matorral, road adding some two kilometers, of which 1.5 are double lane. With the new facilities it was possible to attend around five million passengers a year and manage around 3,100 passengers per hour during rush-hour periods.
- Fully detailed rendition of Fuerteventura airport and island
- Many monuments and custom objects around the island
- High resolution ground textures (2048×2048 pixels)
- Photo real terrain coverage with custom mesh and 3D night lightning
- Very realistic night lighting, based on real pilot’s point of view
- Dynamic Lightning (P3D V4)
- Rendered night lighting with shadows
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and on the ground
- Optimized to take advantages of new P3D V4 features
- Compatible to all major traffic add-ons
- SODE jetways and double jetways supported!