“RealTurb CAT Areas Global for MSFS” extends the RealTurb effects to the Clear Air Turbulence (CAT)
Areas found around the world!
CAT areas are areas around the world, usually defined in the lateral (geographical position) and
vertical (altitude) plane with forecasted turbulence (issued as part of a SIGMET that pilots receive).
“RealTurb CAT Areas Global for MSFS” constructs a 3D envelope of these real CAT areas worldwide,
taking also into account parameters like position of the aircraft into the envelope, trend of the forecasted turbulence etc to calculate the turbulence effects. For example an aircraft being within the CAT area but near the defined vertical edges will most likely encounter less severe turbulence compared to being in the “core” of the CAT area. Similarly a CAT area with a weakening (WKN) trend will give less severe turbulence compared to an area with intensifying (INTSF) trend etc.
With all these put together, “RealTurb CAT Areas Global for MSFS” aims to simulate the weather
behavior, when the aircraft is flying into these areas thus increasing the immersion level to the simmer!
• Global coverage of real world CAT areas
• Realistic (custom made) turbulence effects
• Custom made turbulence sound (linked to aircraft G load – also tunable from ini file)
• Easy installation and usage
• No user input/setup required for the effects to work. All is analyzed automatically!
• Compatible with any aircraft, being default or add-on
v1.0.0 (Update 1):
– Fixed executable being detected as a virus