Malta International Airport (Maltese: Ajruport Internazzjonali ta’ Malta, IATA: MLA, ICAO: LMML) is the only airport in Malta and it serves the whole of the Maltese Islands. It is located on island of Malta, southwest of the Maltese capital Valletta in the town of Gudja, and occupies the location of the former RAF Luqa. The airport has a single passenger terminal which became fully operational on 25 March 1992. This replaced the old terminal which is currently mostly used for cargo. The airport hosts several maintenance facilities including those operated by Lufthansa Technik and SR Technics. The airport serves as the main hub for Air Malta and Medavia besides being a base for Ryanair. It is also home to the Area Control Center and hosted the annual Malta Airshow until 2017. The airport is operated by Malta International Airport plc.
- Fully compatible with FTX Global openLC Europe
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- Ground polygons made with the requirements of the SDK Prepar 3D
- Dynamic lighting of the apron
- SODE animated windsocks
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- Over 82000 custom autogen objects
- Fully AI traffic compatible with accurate AFCAD file
- Excellent night effects
- 3D birds
- 3D grass
- 3D people
- Optimized for excellent performance
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting
- Automatic season change for vegetation, photobackground high resolution
- Realistic reflections on glass
- Inclusion of manual in PDF format
What’s new in version 2
- Afcad was corrected for current navdata
- Photoscenery was corrected for new ORBX data
- GSX settings corrected for current afcad
- ground polygons now use PBR materials.
- Small fix.