Barcelona–El Prat Airport (IATA: BCN, ICAO: LEBL) (Catalan: Aeroport de Barcelona – el Prat, Spanish: Aeropuerto de Barcelona-El Prat), also known as Barcelona Airport, is an international airport located 12 km (7.5 mi) southwest of the centre of Barcelona, Spain, lying in the municipalities of El Prat de Llobregat, Viladecans, and Sant Boi.
It is the main airport of Catalonia, the second largest in Spain behind Madrid Barajas Airport and one of the busiest in the world. In 2015 Barcelona Airport handled a record 39.7 million passengers, up 5.7% from 2014. It is a main base for the main Spanish airlines like Vueling and a hub for Iberia or Air Europa, as well as the Irish low-cost giant Ryanair and the Irish carrier Norwegian Air International. The airport mainly serves domestic European destinations, also having flights to North America (United States of America and Canada), South America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru), Middle East (Egypt, Israel, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Qatar), Asia (China, Singapore and South Korea), and Africa (Senegal, Gambia, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Ghana and Cape Verde).
The Barcelona–Madrid air shuttle service, known as the “Puente Aereo” (in Spanish), or “Pont Aeri” (in Catalan) literally “Air Bridge”, was the world’s busiest route until 2008, with the highest number of flight operations (971 per week) in 2007. The schedule has been reduced since February 2008, when a Madrid–Barcelona high-speed rail line was opened, covering the distance in 2 hours 30 minutes, and quickly became popular.
What’s new in version 2.1:
- Ground polygon textures have been changed
- Taxiways have been changed added
- The 3D model of the terminal has been changed.
- Afcad was corrected for current navdata and parking scheme
- GSX settings corrected for current afcad
- New street lights
- New SODE VDGS
- Fully compatible with FTX Global Base by ORBX
- Fully compatible with FTX Global Vector by ORBX
- Fully compatible with FTX openLC Europe by ORBX
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- Ground polygons made with the requirements of the SDK Prepad3D-PBR materials used.
- Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) (12BPILOT or GSX Ground Service versions) – see a manual for scenery after installation!
- Animated SODE Jetways
- Custom GSX Ground Service settings for scenery (parking’s specifications, vehicles, pushback and boarding services) – see a manual for scenery after installation!
- Dynamic lighting of the apron
- 3D models now use PBR materials
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- Surrounding area with custom autogen
- Fully AI traffic compatible with accurat AFCAD file
- Excellent night effects
- 3D birds
- 3D grass
- Optimized for excellent performance
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting
- Automatic season change for vegatation, high resolution phototerrain
- Realistic reflections on glass
- Inclusion of manual in PDF format