Welcome to Los Angeles
Introducing our next mega-hub for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Los Angeles (KLAX). Based on an early-mid 2022 state, Los Angeles showcases our latest skill-sets, including a detailed yet optimized, custom interior model for the Tom Bradley International Terminal, airline-specific ground service equipment placed accurately at each gate/terminal and much more.
The airport, commonly referred to as “LAX”, is the primary international airport serving Los Angeles and the surrounding metropolitan area. It is the world’s third busiest airport and the United States’ second busiest airport with a whopping 88 million passengers handled in 2019!
Los Angeles is a major international gateway to the US and also serves as a connection point for passengers traveling internationally. This is the perfect hub for your US operations and long-haul flying.
- Hand-made ground textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Detailed yet optimized, custom interior model for the Tom Bradley International Terminal with parallax effect at other terminals
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimization and performance possible
- Custom built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations, including gate number toppers
- Accurate logos, real-world decals and advertisements scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Hand-placed, airline-specific, bespoke ground service equipment placed accurately at each gate/terminal featuring hundreds of containers and dollies
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimization for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Visual Docking Guidance System by Nool.aero
To use the VDGS system follow the instructions here
– Fixed T3 jetway alignment
– Fixed Vehicle path collision near TBIT
– Fixed Taxi line alignment (TW Z)
– Fixed Adjusted approach lighting position 25R.
– Full rework of all cargo ramp areas
– Added correct carrier codes where available
– Adjusted parking radii to better suit a/c types
– Adjusted some parking positions which were too far forward- should now all be fairly close to stop lines
– Added 3D model for KLAX VOR
– Fixed mesh issue at southeast side of airport
– Added GP transmitters for 06L/R and 07L/R
– Fixed issue with GP transmitters for 25L/R
– Added LOC antenna for 07R
– Added missing buildings
– Added missing jetway to 155