The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is an American family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole combat aircraft that is intended to perform both air superiority and strike missions.
It is also able to provide electronic warfare and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities.
The aircraft has three main variants: the conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) F-35A, the short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) F-35B, and the carrier-based (CV/CATOBAR) F-35C.
• Detailed representation of the three variants of the aircraft, showcasing individual differences and commonalities.
• Detailed external visual model and cockpit, based on extensive research
• Realistic pilot interface through the Primary Control Display (PCD) based on real world simulators
• Liveries for all the air forces and services that are currently flying the F-35
• Realistic flight dynamics based on publicly available data
• STOVL capabilities for the F-35B
• Carrier capabilities for the F-35C (special code to perform assisted takeoff and landing from any static surface)
• Sound package based on real world recordings
The package only depicts the Vehicle Systems and some essential Mission Systems.
The following mission systems are NOT simulated:
• Sensor fusion
– Fixed duplicate geometry issue causing flickering of the PCD in the C variant
– Minor optimization to XML code (unnecessary code removed)
– Improved accuracy of distance measurement for TACAN stations
– Improved identification of TACAN stations
– Fixed minor geometry issue on F-35A model
– Fixed bug preventing fly-by-wire from working if flight is started cold and dark – Minor tweaks to FLT files
– FCS RESET button now resets trims and controls surfaces