This is not a hack! Although Microsoft Flight Simulator does not currently support helicopters, the FlyInside B-47-G2 integrates a custom flight model. We also bring the same high-fidelity flight model to X-Plane via a custom plugin.
Initially developed for FlyInside Flight Simulator, our flight model provides an authentic helicopter flight experience, with realistic collective/cyclic response, ground effect, flap-back, transverse flow, torque/yaw, VRS, auto-rotation capabilities, and more!
Enjoy realistic systems with full support for startup/shutdown procedures and weight and balance, as well as support for failures.
Our piston engine simulation means that those of you with collective+throttle controls can enjoy the challenge of manual engine control.
Our helicopter also includes an optional engine governor, making it a joy to fly with a standard 4-axis joystick or controller.
Our detailed artwork will make you feel as if you’re really sitting inside a 47. PBR materials and textures, interactive switches, and realistic spacial sounds come together for an incredible experience. Rotor drive and control systems are fully modeled and animated.
Pick the look you want, the FlyInside B-47 has multiple liveries to suit your needs. A paint kit is also included so that you can create your own!
• Revolutionary and realistic flight model, developed and tested by an experienced 47 pilot
• Support for full helicopter flight physics including effective translational lift, ground effect, transverse flow, flap-back, auto-rotation, and more
• Support for failures and dangerous flight regimes including vortex ring state, engine failure, and retreating blade stall
• Detailed 3D model with high quality PBR textures and animated drive and control systems
• Realistic startup and shutdown procedures
• Highly customizable realism settings allow for a smooth, easier flight model for those who are less experienced, and a hardcore, realistic flight model for the veterans experienced with the complex and challenging flight dynamics of helicopters
– Added floats variant, allowing for water landings and taxiing
– Added three new floats-only liveries, as well as water capable versions of all of our existing liveries
– Added new particle effects for both skid and float versions (dirt kick-up and water spray)