This beautiful country of the Dominican Republic
Now you have a reason to fly to the Caribbean. Las Americas International Airport (also known as Jose F. Pena Gomez) is an international airport located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. MDSD usually receives a wide variety of long-, mid-and short-haul aircraft, airliners, charter, cargo, and military missions’ flights.
The airport is the second busiest in the country after losing its traffic frequency to Punta Cana International Airport, yet it is one of the largest in the Caribbean, handling 3.5 million passengers in 2017 through its air terminal. And is also the busiest cargo hub in the Caribbean and Central America with 405,000,000 lbs. of cargo (this is a lot for a small location) transported in 2020. For its size and location, it is basically a busy airport.
• The only and most realistic depiction of the real airport available online.
• Hundreds of original handmade (redone for the MSFS version) custom textures to avoid repetition.
• Clutter models represent the brand that operates the airport services.
• Lighting throughout the entire airport scenery.
• Static and historical aircrafts placed where they always been.
• Terminal A includes a passenger waiting boarding interior.
• Custom runway and ground textures.
• Surrounding area with specific autogen vegetation to match real life.
• Free future updates (only on the sim is for).
• PBR reflections on glass and on most clutter objects.
• Ambient occlusion on most buildings to prevent rain inside the location.
• Custom surrounding buildings and signs mostly before RWY 17 approach.
• Airport at a real elevation height.
• Most marshalls represent the ethnic group of the region.
• A few easter-eggs.
• Many other details!!!
– Fixed ILS runway 17 to be detectable range. Increased to the correct distance per Jeppesen charts and real-world pilots demand.